Monday, August 17, 2020 / by Nicole Solari
How to Make Moving to California a Breeze
Most people dread moving because of the stress, expense and time commitment. However, resettling in California -- with its beautiful weather and scenery -- is sure to make the idea of moving more exciting. By following the tips below, you can avoid stress, save money and breeze through the process more quickly.
Finding a New Home
Before you can plan any of the logistics of moving, you have to have your next living arrangement squared away. Here’s how to find the perfect home in California.
- If you don’t need to move somewhere specific for work, compare a few different cities.
- Home prices can be high in some areas, so do some research if you’re on a budget.
- Find a real estate agent to aid your search, such as an expert from The Solari Group.
- No matter where you decide to move, prepare yourself for California’s high taxes.
- It’s also helpful to research average weather conditions, which vary across the state.
Packing and Planning Your Move
Moving is always a lot of work whether you’re relocating to a new state or not. Here are a few tips to make the process easier.
- Consider the benefits of hiring professional movers.
- Compare reviews and get an estimate from a few different movers.
- Reduce your moving costs by tossing or donating items you don’t need.
- Don’t pack essential items you’ll need during your trip or on the first night at home.
- When moving with pets or kids, find ways to make their experience less stressful.
What to Do When You Arrive
It can feel chaotic settling into a new home, but make sure you don’t forget to take these steps before you arrive and as you’re unpacking.
- Change the locks on all your doors.
- Choose a home security system to keep your family safe.
- Evaluate the carpet and decide if you want to upgrade your flooring.
- Make sure your utilities are set up, such as trash and power.
- Choose an internet service provider and consider opting for 5G Home Internet.
Moving is a big undertaking no matter how far you’re going. By following these steps, you can streamline the process and start getting settled in your new home with minimal stress.